Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring!

Spring means different things to different people. To some it means exercise. To others it means turkey season. Yet to others it means gardening. To me it means warmer weather, house projects and a busier schedule. This year it also means Preston is that much closer to being a toddler instead of a baby. Too soon he'll be walking and talking, being more independent. For this week it means me doing some major Spring cleaning in our downstairs closet. I've taken out several Tupperware tubs, going through them to give things away or toss stuff. So far I have two "Give Away boxes" and a big pile of garbage to be tossed. On top of Spring cleaning I'm also giving our kitchen a facelift. My running partner, neighbor and friend Michelle encouraged me to start painting rooms because it's the cheapest way to make major changes. So, yesterday I took the plunge and started painting. I only have the high parts left as well as some touch up but I'm really impressed with how much a little color can make a room look brand new. The last, and most important, thing Spring means to me is exercise! I've been running 2-3 times a week with Michelle. On the days I don't run I take Preston for a long walk, enjoying the warm weather. Yesterday I took him to a local playground, where we went on swings for the first time. He loved it and I realized it's a good workout for my legs (I hold him on my lap-TIGHT-and do the swinging while he does the laughing) so we may have to do that more. Spring means a lot more projects are on the horizon but right now it means cleaning, painting and exercise.

No comments: