Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hang Ups and Bang Ups

"Sometimes Hang Ups and Bang Ups will happen to you...." (From my favorite Dr. Seuss book). That lines describes P's day today. It started early this morning when I was in the bathroom getting ready. He rediscovered the DVD player....and found his Thomas videos. When I noticed it had become quiet I came to check on things. P had all 4 Thomas DVDs stuffed in the DVD player. Luckily I was able to get them out before too much damage was done. From there we left to go to Scheels for a brief play date. All was going well until P decided he didn't want to go up the stairs on the play structure. He tried to get down and in the process took a face plant on the thinly carpeted cement. Although he tried to be tough, he came away with a nice raspberry on his forehead. We went to gymnastics, where he had fun but wasn't as adventurous as usual. He was so tired on the way home that he started falling asleep in the car. But once we got home and he went down for his nap he only slept an hour. I tried to get him back to sleep when he woke up but I don't have the magic touch that his daddy does when it comes to that. Instead P decided to share his cheese crackers with Ruby, spreading them all over the kitchen floor. Luckily, Ruby is working on being trained to stay out of the kitchen so she only went in there for a minute before she saw me and left the area immediately. On top of being tired and having a sore head he is currently upset that I won't let him wear his train PJs. I told him he could wear them to bed but that's not good enough. So he is having a hard day all the way around, full of Hang Ups and Bang Ups. But, as seems to be my motto this week, "Tomorrow's a new day!" so hopefully it will be a better one for him.

No comments: