Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mellow Day

As I blogged this morning, Rob chose to work today. He gets frustrated when I say this, but on days like this, I feel like a single mom. He chooses to work on his day off, works long hours then comes home and is too tired to have family time. Some days it bothers me, other days it doesn't. Today was a day it didn't bother me, despite the fact that P and I didn't do much. P appears to have an upset tummy and I'm still not 100% so it was nice to not do much. I decided to run down the hill to get some things for a baby shower I'm going to tomorrow. In the process I bought P a new Thomas book and bath toy, much to his delight. When we got back I was looking forward to him going down for a nap. Not because he was being difficult but because I wanted some down time. Unfortunately he didn't take a long nap (Why is it that he only takes 3 hour naps at daycare?). I only had time to take Ruby out to train her and show her off to the neighbor kids. They were not fans of hers 3 months ago but were so impressed today that the little girl didn't believe it was the same dog. The boy said that our money was well spent because Ruby is a completely different dog. Little did they know she was being so good because she had the shock collar on (No, she really is MUCH improved!). When P woke up I decided to do laundry. Let me digress to say that last night P kept taking his Thomas PJs out of his clothes hamper and wanting to wear them even though they were dirty. So, when he was distracted, I put them in my hamper. He knows me too well and is too smart for his own good because he knew exactly what I did. So when I did laundry today he went to my clothes hamper to find his PJs. He wasn't happy when I put them in the washing machine. In fact he leaned against the washing machine for most of the cycle, wailing "CHOO-CHOO!". To add insult to injury I then put them in the dryer for, what I'm sure, felt like a life time. As soon as they were dry enough he excitedly carried them to me so I could put them on him. We spent the rest of the day cuddling, watching Thomas movies and reading books. I also dealt with jealousy issues between our 4 legged girls and our 2 legged boy. Holly doesn't want Ruby close to P, despite the fact that she wanted nothing to do with him the past 3 months. So she stands between the two, growling if Ruby gets too close. Then when P climbs into my lap, Ruby tries to push her nose between us so she can get petted. At one point all 4 of us were in front of the fireplace. I had both dogs' heads on my lap as well as P sitting on it. And you know what? I loved it! Especially when the girls would do something that got P into belly laughs. Such as when she sneezed really loud! P laughed and laughed, trying to sneeze as loud as her. So, even though we didn't do anything super exciting, it was a nice relaxing day.

No comments: