Monday, October 31, 2011

And the Winner Is..............


Thomas the Train!!!!

I made P's costume this year and have been stressing about it nonstop because he didn't seem to like it. I figured out that it was too heavy for him so last night I tore it apart and tried to make it lighter. When I realized I couldn't do that I pieced it back together the best I could and went back to Square One. This morning, while eating breakfast, I spotted the neighbor's wagon. It turned out to be the perfect (well, almost but I'll get to that) solution! After he realized he didn't have to carry it on his shoulders, P loved his costume and talked about it all day!

We got to VC, ready for the parade this evening. I thought I had parked close to the registration area but after starting up the hill I realized we were further away than I would've liked. Checking the time, I decided to pick up the pace. If you've been to our little town you know that it's uneven to say the least. Unfortunately, the unevenness and lack of time caused my little train to derail. He fell out of the wagon and scratched up his face a bit. It scared him more than anything and I thought he wouldn't get back in the wagon. But, like a trooper, he did. When we got to the registration area I realized that his costume was all messed up. Luckily there was a stapler that a lady let me borrow so I "bandaged" up the train to the best of my ability.

My hard work and P's personality won us 1st place in the costume parade! He blew his whistle all the way to the front and let everyone know he was Thomas. He looked absolutely adorable and I was so incredibly proud of him!! After the parade we did his favorite part....getting suckers. He trick or treated at some of the local businesses and got enough candy to feed an army (which is great because that's what we're going to do with most of his candy- send it to troops overseas). Once we had tons of candy he asked to go see the local train. It was the least I could do so that's where we ended the night.

It was a lot of fun for the both of us. He made me one proud mama all the way around! It was indeed a very Happy Halloween!!

No comments: