Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I dreamt about her last night and woke up thinking about her this morning. Today is my ex-best friend's 37th birthday. For 2 years we celebrated out birthdays together. Last year we acknowledged each other's birthday. This year I'd bet my last dollar that that won't even be happening because in July we mutually agreed to write each other out of the other's life. It all happened because a professional decision got made into a personal issue. That got complicated with others getting involved, saying untrue things and causing unnecessary drama. Although Rob said she wasn't a friend to begin with if she let our friendship fall by the wayside without ever sitting down and talking it out it still makes me sad. We shared our pregnancies together. She was one of the first to hold P and then 1 1/2 days later she gave birth to her precious son. We've shared laughter, tears and everything in between. I thought we'd be lifelong friends, our sons growing up together and being best friends as well. But, as is the case with some friendships, it wasn't meant to be. So today, for what it's worth, I'll think about her and silently wish her a Happy Birthday.

No comments: