Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mommyhood 101

I'm not gonna lie. The past two days were not fun with the lil man. There was a lot of hitting, kicking and throwing temper tantrums...from him of course, although I wanted to join in on the temper tantrums a few times. I went to bed, crying, thinking about what a bad mom I am. I lose my patience and raise my voice after he does something that I specifically asked him not to do. I lose my patience when he gets up from "Time Out" after he was put there for hitting me. I lose my patience when I'm changing his diaper and he hauls off and kicks me. Last night I was at my wit's end, wondering how I'm going to get through the 2's and 3's. But, before bed I picked up "Bringing Up Boys" and read a few chapters. Then I prayed that God would give me wisdom and patience today. I know millions of moms have husbands that work out of town a lot or are nonexistent so I can do it just like they do. I'm happy to say that today was a MUCH better day, even though he didn't get a lot of sleep due to the horrible storm we had last night. He didn't get 1 Time Out or swat today. We laughed and cuddled a lot. It was a really good day! The only time we had a little glitch was at bedtime. If we could only have small glitches like that then I would have no doubt that I can survive- and enjoy- the next couple years of "becoming independent".

No comments: