Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Big 3-6

I don't know about you but there are some birthdays that I can't wait for and then others that are just a part of life. Rob teases me because I like my birthday to last an entire week, but not this year. Don't get me wrong. I VERY much appreciate ALL that people did to make it special, from the special birthday cards to fabulous presents to the gorgeous roses Rob gave me to the fun dinners out.
I guess I did stretch out my birthday a couple days this year. This past weekend I went to my parents' for a visit. We went to Apple Hill, despite the torrential downpour, for my birthday celebration. We only went to one place because of the rain but we were able to get apples, pumpkins and a couple of yummy treats. My favorite part of my birthday celebration with my parents was when we went out to dinner. P is obsessed with elephants right now so I chose to go to Elephant Bar (even my birthday is about him...ha!). He LOVED the huge elephant and giraffes that decorated the dining area. It was fun watching him carry his HUGE stuffed elephant through the restaurant while everyone pointed at how cute he is.
Yesterday P and I got home and got to spend the afternoon/evening with Rob, who had come home specifically for my birthday. (Which in and of itself was a great birthday gift!) He spoiled me and made my birthday special with a beautiful card, a dozen gorgeous roses and dinner at one of my favorite places. That was another thing I thoroughly enjoyed. We went to a local Japanese Steakhouse, where they cook in front of you. We got a kick out of P imitating the chef (as did an older lady sitting by us). When they asked if anyone had a birthday at the table I told Rob I didn't want to be acknowledged. Usually I would want all the attention but I was perfectly content flying under the radar.
Overall it was a fun birthday. Because of technology, I didn't get a lot of birthday calls or cards. But I appreciated ALL of the birthday wishes no matter how they came. My birthday always makes me realize how loved I am...and how blessed I am to be loved by so many!

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

The Elephant Bar is one of our favorite places to eat at...we especially like the fact that we get a 20% discount on our meals...its because we're "old" folks...

Glad you had a nice birthday!!