Saturday, October 29, 2011

Animal Lover

P has loved ALL animals since he was a little tyke. I think he knew more animal sounds than words for a long time. Well, yesterday I had to go to Petsmart to get Ruby some new dog food. I was going to do it while P was in school but figured that's one errand he'd really like to do with me. I was right! We got there and checked out the fish. Then he heard the birds and got all excited. We watched the birds "play" for a long time before he discovered the cats at the back of the store. I am not a cat fan but P loves them. So I take any chance I can show them to him without actually having to own one. He could've watched the cats sleeping until the store closed. But I finally pulled him away to get what we had come for. P asked if he could get Ruby a toy. He decided on a monkey only to change his mind at the register and get an elephant instead (That's his latest animal obsession). He was so excited to give it to her and it hurt his feelings that she didn't want anything to do with it. He continues to find it, carry it over to her and lay it down by her. Eventually she'll realize it's hers and play with it. I love how he loves animals so much!

No comments: