Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Big Treat!!

Today we hit a milestone...rather, P hit a major one! He finally went potty on his big boy potty not once but twice!!! It was rather comical and I'll share it with you if you'd like but it is kind of "detailed" so most of you will probably appreciate the fact that I'm not posting all about what took place. :) I was so proud of him and he was excited because he got 2 Skittles. He kept telling everyone who would listen that he had gotten a big treat! Hopefully we'll be able to keep up with this so he can be potty trained sooner rather than later.
On a completely different note, the day didn't start out all that great. It was a gymnastics day, which is not always my favorite. I had pulled him out of the Tuesday class because the parents stood back and let their kids do whatever while the poor coach ran herself ragged trying to control the class. One parent in particular drove me crazy because she gave me idle threats constantly. There's nothing more that irritates me as a parent or teacher. I'm sure there's times I've said something and didn't follow through but I try my best NOT to be like that. Anyway, the Monday class wasn't working for our schedule so I put him back to the Tuesday class. He started acting up immediately, once he saw who was in his class, to the point where I pulled him out right before his favorite part (stamps) and took him home. On the way home he got in trouble and I was dreading the rest of the day to be honest.
However, when he woke up from his nap we had so much fun. We went to the local park and then decided to go for a walk. We visited a "farm" and fed a horse, 2 donkeys and a few goats. A donkey and a goat followed him around the fenceline, which was super cute. (Of course I regretted not having any of my cameras!) On our walk back to the park P informed me that he had shot a deer and had pushed an elephant. I love his imagination these days!!
Once we got back to the house we spent a lot of time reading. He kept asking for another book each time I finished one. It made my heart happy! P made me proud today for 3 reasons...he went potty on the big boy potty, he enjoyed reading A LOT of books and he kept saying "Thank you much!" every time I gave him something or I took the time to read him another book. By the end of the day he had completely melted my heart again, like he does most days. I'm proud to be the one he calls "Mama"!

No comments: