Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fun Day All Around


I have long since learned that if P has fun he'll talk about something for days. Well, I have a feeling that I'll be hearing about yesterday for days! The morning started with us meeting up with some friends at Scheels, where the boys played and the mamas caught up on life. Then we went over to the park and had a picnic, enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. After P's nap I carved his pumpkin. I asked if he wanted a Curious George pumpkin or a Thomas pumpkin. After much going back and forth he finally decided on a Curious George pumpkin. He didn't help with it but he liked to come check on my progress every 5-10 minutes. He was very excited when it was done but the best part for him was the candle inside the pumpkin. When I lit it he kept saying, "George on fire!". We got cleaned up and got in our costumes for our neighborhood Halloween parties. I dropped P off and made my way-as the Real Housewives of the Highlands-to my party. I didn't stay long because it was way past P's bedtime. But the time I was there was fun and I know P had a great time at his party. He was covered in orange from eating chips and he kept talking about his buddy, Eddie, and the movie they watched. Even this morning when he first woke up he said, "Fun Eddie". I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot more as the day goes on!

Although you can't get the full effect in the picture my costume consisted of dark circles under my eyes, food in my hair, food stains on my shirt, the local poison control phone number in my pocket as well as a diaper and puzzle piece in other pockets. Topped off with 2 mismatched shoes. It wasn't elaborate but I was comfortable and people laughed when I told them what I was.

No comments: