Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blessed!


I can't remember the last time I got anything out of going to my parents' church. I go because it's family time and it's important to them but I go knowing I won't walk away feeling blessed. I was proven wrong today! I am visiting my parents and was actually excited to go to Arden today because the W&W team was going to share about their time in Namibia. One of my close childhood friends, Kim, went and I couldn't wait to see the beautiful pictures she had taken. (She's a VERY talented photographer!) What I wasn't prepared for were the tears of joy that streamed down my cheeks as she shared about her experience there. You see, Kim only came back to her walk with the Lord a few years ago. She had grown up in the church but had sought out the world for awhile before realizing what was important (I think God used her son in helping her see the Light!). I sat there, tears falling freely, thinking about how God has a plan for all of us. Had you told me 5 years ago that Kim would be going to S. Africa on a mission trip I would've laughed at you. Instead, God laughed at me and showed that His plan always prevails. It was an emotional service today and I felt very blessed to be a part of it. Thanks for sharing Kim. You rock!!

1 comment:

Kimberly June said...

Awwww!!! :*)
thank you so much my sweet friend!