Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another One??

Yes, I still have one more blog after endless blogging last night. I was going to do it last night but Rob was making fun of me for blogging so much (I told him it was because he took a nap so I had a lot to say and no one to say it to...ha!). Anyway, in case you're not aware of it, Preston is growing up fast and is quite the advanced baby! Yesterday I went through his drawers to pull out 6-9 month clothing so I could get it all washed for when he's ready. Well, I found a bunch of 6 month clothing that he may get to wear a few times before outgrowing. I also found some shorts outfits that will go unused unless we have another boy in the future that matches the time frame. I washed the clothes Preston could use now in hopes of getting him in the outfits a few times before getting too big.
When I was pregnant I was on the website WebMD all the time, comparing notes with other pregnant women. After Preston was born I've slowly stopped visiting the site as much. But, yesterday I got on it to see what was new with women that have babies around the same age as Preston. First, I was amazed at how much more most of the babies weigh than Preston. Second, I was floored that Preston seems more advanced than most of the babies born around his birthday. Women were writing that their babies couldn't sit up supported or roll onto their tummies/backs. Preston has been doing both for at least a month. The women also said their little ones don't attempt to crawl, which Preston has started taking an interest in for the past week (He scoots backwards but that's about all at the moment). A couple women said that their babies can't eat from a spoon, which Preston mastered at 4 1/2 months. Reading what they're going through with their lil ones makes me that much prouder of Preston and all that he has accomplished. What a gifted child we have!!

No comments: