Thursday, January 28, 2010

FOOD.....

Since Christmas I have been making Preston's baby food quite a bit. The other day I made green beans but I didn't fill the processor enough so I added carrots to blend it. When I went to feed it to him he made the funniest face like, "I know I'm supposed to eat this because you're feeding it to me but I really don't like it." I thought it was because I had mixed carrots and beans together. Today I made just fresh green beans with the right amount of water to make it the perfect consistency. Come dinner time I about pee'd my pants from laughing so hard when I gave him the green beans. He stuck his tongue out and tried to wipe the beans off his tongue. Then he scrunched up his face and gave me a dirty look as if to say, "Not again mom!". The ironic thing is that he LOVES fresh fruit. He could eat it all day, but apparently he's not a fan of fresh veggies. Hopefully that will change!

On another food note, we had Date Night tonight. We decided to try a new place that Rob's co-workers had highly recommended. When we walked in and Rob realized he was the only one with a NASCAR shirt and camo ball cap we knew the place was a little too "high class" for us. I also quickly noticed that Preston was the only baby in a VERY quiet restaurant, another sign that it wasn't our kind of place. We both liked the bread and salad but weren't too fond of the steaks. One thing we definitely did not like was the price! Our meal cost more than one WEEK's worth of groceries for the family. I like trying new places so it was a nice change of scenery but we know that the place was too rich for our blood, figuratively and literally speaking.

No comments: