Monday, January 25, 2010

Ooh Nelly!

Ask Rob. I don't watch football. It's one of those sports that doesn't interest me. However, I do like the games come playoff time each season. All week I was really looking forward to watching the Saints/Vikings game and I wasn't disappointed. If I hadn't been holding Preston I would've been yelling at the TV to the very last fieldgoal kick but I retrained and, instead, watched it from the egde of my chair. That was one good game!! The outcome wasn't what I had hoped for but I'm glad the Saints are going to the Superbowl for the first time. I wanted Favre to make it to the Superbowl to prove the naysayers wrong. But, playing devil's advocate, he continues to retire and then come back so maybe he'll have another Superbowl chance next season. He can't seem to make up his mind about retirement since football is his life. I am glad that New Orleans will be in the Superbowl because of all that city's been through since Katrina. While watching the game, I kept thinking about how the Superdome was filled with homeless people almost 5 years ago, barely holding up itself. Now it's the home of a team's victory, a city's victory. The win gave the city what it needs and deserves. Now to the Superbowl...... I could care less who wins that game after yesterday's nail biter!

No comments: