Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Lil Bit of Everything

For starters, I have new snow pics but the camera is in the Yukon and I don't feel like leaving the warmth of the fireplace to go get it. So, look for them in a later blog. You may be disappointed as we did not get the brunt of the storm like California did. I like to think the Reno valley broke it up but Rob always reminds me that it's the Sierras that break it up. Either way, we got about 3 inches of snow in two days. More is to come tomorrow night and last for a few days. We'll see.....

Thursday night Rob and I had a "Date Night" (with Preston in tow) for the first time in a month. It was going well....until the waiter came over to the table. He started listing off drinks then pointedly looked at my stomach and said, "Are you expecting another one?". WHAT??? I know I have a few more post-baby pounds to lose but who in their right mind asks a lady that? I didn't like him from that point on but Rob tipped him well because I'm sure he was nice minus the foot in his mouth. His question motivated me to start working out consistently again. Since the sun was out yesterday I put Preston in his snowsuit, bundled up myself, put him in the Baby Bjorn and headed out. To keep the sun out of our eyes I tried to cut through our neighbor's property....BIG mistake! There was a metal panel buried under snow that I didn't see. Needless to say I slipped on it...hard. My "pregnant belly" cushioned the fall for Preston so he thought it was a fun game. When Holly came running over he started laughing. Silly boy! I, on the other hand, have a nice raspberry on my hip as a battle wound to remind me why it would've been better for me to stay on the couch. HA!
This morning Rob left for work and Preston decided it was play time. Normally I wouldn't care but I had weird dreams all night and wanted a couple more minutes of shut eye. Plus, Preston was getting his 6 month pics taken and I wanted him to be at his best. I shouldn't have worried as he did great. The photographer said it was easy to do a shoot with him because he smiles so much. In fact, the whole shoot only took an hour and that's with a bottle feeding and a change of outfit. Since we got done early I was able to run some errands and meet a friend for lunch. By the time we got home, Preston was done. It's a good thing we didn't have anything planned for tonight, a first for us in a month. We've been on the go and had people over so much lately that it was nice to have a family night, just the three of us. We played and watched "The Proposal" (again!). Now I'm ready to call it a night. One of these nights I'll sleep good and wake up feeling rested. Until then....

No comments: