Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunny San Diego


On Thursday morning Preston and I headed for the airport to catch a flight to sunny San Diego. I was grateful for all the help people offered getting to the airport and going through security. It made traveling with an infant so much easier. Preston napped and I people watched at the airport. Then Preston napped and I read on the flight. He is such a great traveler! When we got to San Diego we met my parents at the airport (They had taken a different flight from Sacramento). After getting my luggage, we stepped outside to super warm weather and started our fabulous vacation. From Thursday afternoon to Monday morning we donned tank tops, shorts and flip flops. I couldn't complain about the weather or anything else for that matter. Our hotel room was across the street from the beach, with an ocean view room. I thoroughly enjoyed the view, whether it was watching the sunrise or sunset or watching the activity on the water. I loved watching the ships and sailboats but Preston was obsessed with the seagulls (yuck!). Every morning we went downstairs and had breakfast overlooking the marina. Preston would sit there and watch the seagulls and ceiling fans while we ate! After breakfast we filled our days with family fun and power naps. We went for family walks on the beach a few times. Twice my parents watched Preston in the morning so I could go for a morning run. We ate LOTS of great food thanks to restaurant recommendations from Josh and Ashley. I got to top off the vacation by going to one of my favorite places....Ghiradelli's.
Preston had a lot of fun because he was the center of attention and got to try new things. He went in a swimming pool and went to the beach. He got to see my Alma mater and meet one of my closest childhood friends and her daughter. He got to share a bed with mommy because the hotel crib made me nervous (That part wasn't fun for me because he kicked me off the bed every few hours so I didn't sleep much). He even started to army crawl and make new sounds. He was an absolute delight the entire trip!
Other than missing Rob, the only thing I was bummed about was not being able to see one of my brother's shows. He played a lot while we were there but it didn't work out with Preston's bedtime to see his shows. We did get to enjoy hearing him play during the church service so that was a consolation.
All in all it was the perfect vacation. Everyone went with the flow, laughed a lot and enjoyed being with each other. The weather was perfect in every way possible. I was able to enjoy the hot tub that overlooked the marina a few times in the evening. It was nice to be stress free for a few days and enjoy being pampered in sunny San Diego!!

No comments: