Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Slowin' Down.....

We got back to the west side of the US last night. While I have had a lot of fun with family the past couple weeks, I am also looking forward to getting back to our routines. The holidays are always busy, but ours seemed exceptionally busy this year and drug out past the new year. I'm not complaining as I got my fill of a good social life, but slowin' down for awhile isn't so bad either.
We were supposed to come home to a lot of snow and we did....driving up Geiger. Then this morning we awoke to less than an inch outside. The wind was blowing really hard but Preston and I braved it to go get groceries. I had more errands to run but the weather was frightful, as was Preston's attitude. So we came home in time for it to start snowing. It's been snowing off and on all day while we've stayed toasty by the fire.
Since Preston hasn't slept much for the past couple weeks I've worked hard to get him back on schedule today. It's paying off, as is not getting any sleep, because he's been asleep for 2 hours already and going strong. He's a lot like his mommy- a social butterfly. But, like his mommy, it seems to wear on him after awhile. I'm sure if he could talk he would tell us that he had lots and lots of fun with both sets of grandparents and uncles (and Aunt Ashley) but that he's glad to be home to his toys, his bed and Holly.
Speaking of slowing down....despite my lack of sleep in the past couple weeks I refuse to take a nap today. But, I do need some down time so I'm going to go read "People" before the lil munchkin awakes! Aaahhhhh, I love being on "the go" but then again I also love slowin' down.....

No comments: