Saturday, February 20, 2010

30s Club

Do you remember how you celebrated your 30th birthday? I don't and it was only a few years ago. I remember being treated to a cruise to Mexico for one of my gifts but don't actually remember the day itself. In fact only a handful of birthdays stand out... My 14th where there was a surprise party, my 21st where my friend and I saw a really depressing movie and my 27th when I went to Colorado to celebrate. The rest are blurred memories of my mom's delicious dessert crepes, dinner with friends, going out on the town, the usual. I may not remember all my birthday celebrations but I remember getting ready to turn 30 and still being single, much like my good friend Aimee is going through. We came to Sacramento last night just to help aimee and her sisters (they're triplets) celebrate their 30th birthdays. Aimee is not happy about being single at 30 but then I remind her of my story, about meeting rob at 31, and it helps. I also told her last night that, in my opinion, the 30s Club is much better than your 20s so we'll see if she agrees in the next few years. Either way, Happy 30th Aimee, Amber and Alisha!!!

No comments: