Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mack Truck

Today is one of those days that I wish we lived within minutes of family or had a childcare provider that we trusted to watch Preston for the day. If we did, I would spend the day in bed. It all started last night with a headache. As the evening progressed my headache turned into a migraine. By the time I put Preston down for bed I was miserable. I did all the usual tricks....hot bath, dark room, Extra Strength Tylenol. Nothing made it subside so I decided to call it an early night and just go to bed, hoping it'd go away. I even slept in Preston's room because I figured it was cooler in there and having a bed to myself would help me sleep better. WRONG! I had nightmares when I did actually sleep, but I spent most of the night tossing and turning. Preston woke up early this morning much to my dismay. I got out of bed, feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck. I was going to go down the hill and run a lot of errands but it is snowing and that's more than I can handle today. I laid down for a nap when Preston went down for his morning nap but it didn't help. I had more nightmares and weird dreams, waking up feeling even more exhausted. I hate days like this where I have no energy to do anything. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep during Preston's nap times so I'll feel back to normal by the end of the day. Sitting around and being lethargic is not my thing. Until then I'm glad Preston is playing on his own, being a low maintenance baby this morning.

No comments: