Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Lil Taste of Spring

Spring is slowly making its way to Nevada. It's not because the flowers are blooming but because the heater isn't running during the day, the snow is melting and our trucks only have about an inch worth of mud instead of the usual 6 inches that coats them in the Winter. The weather has been in the 50's/60's with the sun shining bright. I've been taking advantage of this nice change of weather. I've had the windows open, have gone for walks and have not had to worry about our "one socked bandit" losing his socks. The weather is supposed to go back to raining and snowing in a few days so we're taking advantage of the warm weather today. Preston and I met with our "mommy and me" group at park down the hill this morning then drove home with the window down a little. When I got home I signed up for two 5k runs next month to get in shape for Summer. I also tossed my hoodie aside and am donning a short sleeved shirt. Later Rob and I will be shooting our new bows when Rob gets home from work (while Preston is napping so he is nowhere near the bows/arrows) . Then we'll go for a family walk before ending the beautiful day with shish kabobs on the BBQ. I'm not quite ready for the constant warm weather yet but it's a nice break from the gloomy winter weather....at least for a few days.

No comments: