Sunday, February 28, 2010

Running

I began running in college but that's more because it was the "cool" So Cal thing to do. I didn't really start enjoying it until 2001. I was going through a rough year and it was my stress relief. I was in the best shape of my life that year and ran almost every day. In 2005 I started training for a 1/2 marathon but shortly into training I pulled my achilles in 3 areas. I endured months of braces, physical therapy and even crutches. That injury kind of took the wind out of my sails because I don't know if I'll ever be able to run more than 5 or 6 miles at a time. Over the past few years I've done a few 5ks but nothing serious. At the turn of the new year I decided to get back into running. When Rob doesn't work he hangs out with Preston while our neighbor and I go for a run together. It's been 2 years since I've run 3.1 miles and 8 years since I've run anything more than that....until today. After church Rob stayed with Preston so Michelle and I set out for a run. By the time we got home we had run 3.8 miles- at 6300 feet elevation!!! My legs are Jell-O and I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow but I feel so good mentally. It's nice to know I can still run more than a mile or two, which is good since Michelle and I are running a couple 5ks next month!

No comments: