Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Earful and a Yay!

Okay, I have 2 vents so if you're not in the mood to hear venting then just skip this blog. (But, skip to the bottom * to see the YAY!)
I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if I don't agree with it. That's what makes everyone unique. That being said, I get frustrated when people are being ignorant and make a choice because it's the "cool" thing to do. A friend of mine joined PETA on her Facebook page, which is fine. However, I think she did it more because it's the "cool" thing in her neighborhood. I say this because she volunteers at the animal shelter, her husband is a fisherman and she eats meat. None of these things are correlated with the ethical treatment of animals. She's a very educated person so, like I said, I think she's doing this without thinking about what it truly means to her and her lifestyle. On a side note, that's why I don't talk politics. I'm not knowledgeable about them to have an educated conversation except for when it comes to education.
My second vent is about LOL. I CAN'T STAND THAT TERM for two reasons!!!!!!!!! The first reason is when people write it are they truly laughing ALOUD or are they just smiling? If you're laughing then by all means write it but I highly doubt that many people really laugh at what people write/say to justify a LOL every time. The other reason is that grammatically it should be laughing ALOUD, not out loud. So, it should really be LAL. You will NEVER see me write LOL because I am so against that little abbreviation that everyone has coined.
Okay, enough of my venting. Here's my YAY:
*** Preston went from lying down to sitting up on his own tonight...a first for him...and Rob was home to witness it. YAY!!!!!

No comments: