Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Social Frank

Now that Preston is getting more hair it doesn't really lay down anymore. It sticks up on top and on the sides. The way his hair sticks out on the sides reminds us of Frank (the dad) on "Everyone Loves Raymond". No matter how much I wet it and brush it down it still sticks up. Unfortunately, it's a look I have yet to capture on film in a way that does the hairstyle justice so you'll just have to use your imagination until I do.
Anyway, "Frank" has been super busy the past three days. Thursday was Gymboree (which I already blogged about) and yesterday we went to an acquaintance's house who has a 15 month old boy. Preston didn't really know what to do because Asher (the 15 mo old) kept taking Preston's toys that we had brought, kept trying to pat his head and run circles around him. Preston just sat there, taking it all in. Just hanging out with Asher for an hour and a half wore him out. He was asleep by the time we got to the freeway! Today we topped off his social calendar by going to a sledding party with a new mommy and me group. He had lost his shoe on the way there (surprise, surprise) so we showed up with him just in his socks while all the other kids (and parents) were bundled up for the snow. He had on his jacket and beanie but I didn't want to put his snow suit on so we just hung out. Of course out of all the people that were there, the weird mom scouts me out and talks my ear off. By the time she was done talking I was done with being there, as was Preston. When we got home Preston seemed so happy just to be at the house with his toys....and Holly. He's like me in the fact that he loves being social but also likes to come home where life is calm and familiar. Tomorrow we'll lay low to recoup before having company on Monday/Tuesday and Gymboree on Thursday. At least he'll get a little break. AAHHHHHHHH!

No comments: