Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Social Butterflies

Preston may look like Rob, but he has my personality. He loves to talk all the time, laugh and be social. If we stay in the house all day he's cranky by the time he goes to bed, probably because he doesn't get any interaction other than with me and Rob. So, I signed us up for some mommy and me, social groups. Next week we have a lot of social activities planned. We're going to a free class at Gymboree, where he'll be with other babies around his age, playing and "exercising". The next day I'm getting together with a couple other moms to make Valentine projects (Even though I don't celebrate that Hallmark holiday). On Saturday we're going to go sledding and have a potluck with a mommy and me group. I was nervous about signing us up for anything because of his virus. But, then I got to thinking about how he is out in public several times a week, has been around other kids and has yet to have a recurrence. So, I'm more comfortable having him in social groups. Plus, I think it'll help with his separation anxiety. In my book, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'm excited to meet other moms and I'm sure Preston will be excited to play with other kids. All in all, a win-win situation!

No comments: