Sunday, November 14, 2010

Belly Laughs

I am so thankful for P's sense of humor and imagination. I am in stitches at several points during the day thanks to him! Sometimes I try not to laugh because it's a situation where he needs to be disciplined but it's just too hard with that cute little face. Last night he kept "honking" my nose then laughing hysterically. He also pushes my belly button now, at which point I yell. He thinks his is hilarious and does it until my belly button seriously hurts. He's really into phones right now and thinks everything, including his hand, is a phone. He has quite the animated conversations, waving his free hand and glaring if need be. He thinks the monitor that's in our room is a phone so he'll put it up to his ear and listen intently. I, then, sneak away and go to his room where the base is located. I start talking in the base like we're having a phone conversation. I can hear him in our room, talking up a storm. Last night I asked him about his tractor. When I went back in our room he had found one during our conversation and was playing with it. Today I made grilled cheese and sliced cucumbers for lunch. I had the same exact thing on my plate except I had mustard on mine. He really wanted a taste of mine but when I gave him some mustard he made a horrid face. This made me laugh so hard! After that the few bites he took he tried to imitate the same face. When he discovered this was not his lunch of choice he proceeded to "slyly" feed Ruby his lunch. I kept telling him no but he didn't put too much stock in my discipline since I was laughing as I said it. I'm glad for the belly laughs he provides. Overall he is a very well behaved toddler so if I laugh when I tell him no once in awhile and it takes a little longer to learn that specific lesson I'm ok with that.

No comments: