Thursday, November 4, 2010

God's Blessings

Today my gratitude is two-fold. Last year at this time I was a stay at home mom. I felt very fortunate to stay home, especially with P's health concerns. But, Rob and I started to really get on each other's nerves. Between that and finances I decided it was best to go back to work part time. I didn't necessarily want to go back to the classroom because I'm a control freak, which doesn't work well in a job share...usually. Fortunately for me God knew the perfect match. I am at a school that I LOVE, with a teaching partner that I LOVE, with a class that I LOVE, with a schedule that I LOVE.
My teaching partner and I have meshed well, both relinquishing control of the little things. Our students have adjusted and, up until today, the parents have been happy. Even though I had a parent complain that I was mean this afternoon (heaven forbid I hold her son accountable), I think I set a new record. I've never gone 4 months without getting complaints.
Working part time has been a blessing as well. I have 2-3 days during the week to spend time with P, do housework and run errands. It makes me appreciate my time in the classroom and my time with P even more.
By going back to work part time we had to find a daycare for P. We toured a few and found the one we liked best. I was not completely sold on one of P's teachers but it sure beat the alternative. About a month ago the teacher I wasn't overly fond of left and a new- WONDERFUL!!-teacher took her place. Now I LOVE both of his teachers. They take the kids outside every day and do projects a couple times a week. So, instead of sitting there like being at a babysitter's I now feel like P is at "school", learning and having much more fun. I don't dread taking him to daycare, nor do I rush out the door every day to be there ASAP to get him. Don't get me wrong, I don't dilly-dally but if I'm a little late because of a meeting or an errand I don't stress now.
God knew what He was doing when all this came together. I am hoping that I'll be able to stay at the school, with my teaching partner, with P at the same daycare for awhile because it's a win-win situation!

No comments: