Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Warmth


Today is one of those days that I woke up not feeling thankful. But as I looked outside I suddenly became very thankful! I'm thankful for the means to keep warm. While I was in Sac I saw quite a few homeless people trying to keep dry during the storm. Last night when I got home I saw the remnants of the storm at our house- a thin layer of snow. It was the first snow of the season, a month later than usual. This morning we have frost on one balcony and snow on the other. But P and I are nice and toasty. I built a fire in the fireplace, made a big pot of coffee and made oatmeal for P. We are happily playing, keeping nice and warm by the fire. I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about finding warmth for my family.

*This is an old snow pic from last season*

No comments: