Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude 7 and 8


I didn't blog yesterday. It was one of those rare lazy days full of stormy weather, time with family and catching up with friends. So yesterday I was thankful for the rain. Something about the rain is soothing to me....in small doses. I appreciate the rain now that I don't live in a place where it rains continually. When it rains I find myself slowing down, relaxing more, hurrying less. It gives me reason to lay around, read, watch TV (Gasp!), eat comfort food and play with P. Yesterday, in between the storms, P put on his new rain boots (Thanks Grandma and BobBob) and went to play in the puddles. I always love exploring with P because he makes the world more interesting. But, yesterday I enjoyed it even more than usual. He played in rain puddles, splashing and stomping til his little heart was content. He picked up leaves and stared at worms wiggling around the sidewalk. The sun is out today so it makes me appreciate the rain that we had yesterday that much more!
Day 8:
The other thing I'm thankful for is friends. Every time I'm in Sac. I scramble to see as many friends as possible. Yesterday I got to catch up with a friend that I've known since birth. We haven't been able to talk much (other than FB) since Mother's Day weekend. But with her we always pick up exactly where we left off. Our friendship is one of honesty, sometimes brutal truths and lots of love! Last night, after P was down, I met up with another close friend for dinner. We got caught up on jobs, family life, mutual friends, etc. As with most of my Sac friends, we don't talk as often anymore, but we never skip a beat when we're together. I am thankful for ALL of my friendships that I've been blessed with. Some are for a season of life and others are lifelong friends. No matter what category you fit into in my/our life, I appreciate your friendship for what it is and what it means to me!