Sunday, November 28, 2010

Magic Tree


Today was a grumpy day for me so our Christmas tree put me in a better mood. Today I'm thankful for fresh cut Christmas trees. After living up in the mountains and being surrounded by various pine trees, I figured I'd be tired of them. But there's something magical about the smell of a Christmas tree, something magical about the ornaments and lights. It makes Christmas that much more real to me.
My plan was to get a small tree for various reasons. But, after going to 5 lots, I chose one that was about 5 feet tall. It was still small enough to only need one strand of lights. It's still small enough that it fits snugly in a corner, making it less of a temptation for P and Ruby. In fact, after P touched the lights once and grabbed the basketball ornament, proudly saying, "Baaa" he hasn't acknowledged the tree. That didn't stop me from putting most of the ornaments up high because you never know. But so far, so good!
Other than a couple more gifts coming in the mail and a couple more gifts that I need to go buy, the Herringtons are officially ready for Christmas. Tis the season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice tree! Wish I could be as ready for Christmas!!! Love, Mom