Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nice Peeps

There were moments yesterday when I seriously thought I was going to end up in the insane asylum. I am overwhelmed with taking care of 2 dogs, a toddler, keeping the house clean, teaching, cooking, running errands, etc. So when Ruby ran away for the 4th time in 2 weeks I almost lost it. I drove around looking for her 3 times to no avail. I posted a request on our community chat board but it didn't get posted until 3 hours later. At that point I was in bed, as was P. One neighbor had wrote on the board that she had seen Ruby running around their property but when I called her number I just got the answering machine. To my surprise she called back at 10pm, said that they had Ruby and that I could pick her up this morning. I was so relieved to know that Ruby was safe and not becoming coyote food. She's such a friendly dog that she has been seen hanging out with coyote packs. A few days ago when she ran off the guy that called to tell me he had her said he used his pellet gun to shoot at the coyotes that she was with. I'm thankful that Ruby is home safe and sound and am equally thankful for helpful people, especially the ones that live up here.

No comments: