Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mi Vida Loca!


Today I'm truly thankful for the craziness of our household. I've been a "single mom" A LOT lately and the experience has made me learn to go with the flow, don't sweat the small stuff and choose my battles. Yesterday a group of teachers were going to grab a bite to eat and asked if I would join them. Instead of being able to accept their offer to enjoy a nice calm adult meal, I came home to a dog covered in poop and a toddler wanting to constantly "honk" my nose. As Ruby was whining and barking at the kitchen door, not understanding why she wasn't allowed in, P was chasing after me with his latest tractor book, wanting me to read it. After only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before, all I really wanted to do was veg in front of the TV. Luckily, P was super tired so he went to bed early. When he went down I gave Ruby a bath....and prayed I'd never have to do this again! While giving her a bath, the phone rang, waking P up. After her bath, Ruby ran upstairs at lightning speed, waking P up again. As I closed the garage for the night after trying to scrub Ruby's crate, the garage door woke P up yet again. He finally went to sleep for the night after all the commotion and I figured I'd take a hot, relaxing bath before going to bed early. WRONG! I didn't latch the bathroom door tight so Ruby made her way in, sitting at the tub, trying to lick bubbles off my arm. There truly is NEVER a relaxing moment around here! Even as I write this, the dogs are fighting over the leftover Applejacks P threw on the ground from breakfast and a bone. P is running circles between them, with a spoon in hand, yelling in their faces, which Holly isn't particulary fond of. I take that back. Now P's on his dump truck, chasing after Ruby. And me? I'm ignoring it all and blogging. Like I said.....I love my life!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment is right! But what a special little boy you are blessed with. Mom