Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family


The snow is falling. There's a fire burning. I have a hot cup of delicious coffee in my hand. And I'm ready to be thankful.

Last night as I was saying my prayers I thanked the Lord for blessing me with the family I married into. You may think it's funny but I often worried about the family I was marrying into more than the guy back when I was dating. But the first time I met Mom and Dad Herrington I knew I didn't have to worry. I can't laugh at inlaw jokes because my inlaws are beyond awesome! Every time I see them Dad gives me a big bear hug. Mom and I have heart to heart conversations. Jay and I joke like we grew up in the same house. The Herringtons have made me feel like part of the family since Day 1. They've spoiled me beyond belief and Mom Herrington gave me one of the greatest gifts possible. She quit smoking a month after I found out I was pregnant! She accomplished this cold turkey, after being a smoker for over 40 years!!!! I am truly blessed to have married into such a loving, wonderful, giving family. I'm so thankful they're part of our lives!

No comments: