Monday, October 25, 2010

All Kinds of Stuff

35 years ago my husband was brought into this world. Although he doesn't like to celebrate his birthday or even acknowledge it he's slowly changing his opinion on this matter. He's realized that if he lets people acknowledge it then he'll get hunting gifts. Since he wants those, he's figured out that birthdays aren't that bad. I respect his wishes by not getting him a birthday card. Last year I didn't act like it was a special day (Even though in my mind I kept wishing him a Happy Birthday). This year I acknowledged it on FB and will make him hamburgers because that's what he asked for. But, I draw the line at actually celebrating his birthday with a card or present. :) In all seriousness, I'm so glad God created him because he makes life so much more interesting!
Since he's at work and it's my day off it's been a normal day for the munchkin and me. P slept in which was nice. Then we ran errands most of the morning. I was in desperate need of a new vacuum cleaner because 4 dogs and several years later mine had vacuumed its last square inch a few days ago. So I gave in and bought a new one this morning. I have to say it's not as much fun to vacuum now. It's so much quieter so the dogs don't go crazy, barking and running around. P doesn't dive for his toys, hoping that the vacuum monster doesn't suck them up. All the creatures just sit or play while I'm vacuuming now. Highly disappointing!
I promised to blog my thoughts on Favre. Since it's Rob's birthday and he's a Favre fan I will keep a lot of my opinions to myself. But the long and the short of it is I believe that certain occupations come with higher moral standards. Wrong as it may be, society puts sports people and celebrities on a pedestal. I, too, am guilty of this. When the Favre scandal first broke a couple weeks ago I thought there was no way he'd mess around behind his wife's back. So I was sad to find out the opposite last night. He's a great quarterback but I have NO respect for the man anymore. I seriously hope this is his last year and I'm sure he regrets that last year wasn't. I try to sensor what P sees and hears and will try to find the best role models out there for him to admire. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem there's a lot left in the limelight these days.
Alright, it's been a busy day and I do have a surprise dessert to make to top off Rob's dinner so I better take my thoughts and skee-daddle. Until next time my friends.....

No comments: