Monday, October 4, 2010

Raining (Cats and) Dogs

I've been thinking about Mrs. Jetton, a family friend who passed away this Summer, a lot the past 24 hours. Whenever I posted anything on FB about the occasional rain storm we'd get she'd comment on it. Well, she'd be having a hayday right now with comments because it hasn't really let up since Saturday night. Since it rarely rains here we're absolutely loving it...well, all of us except the dogs! At this moment I will digress a little to explain that Saturday night (well, Sunday at 1am) Ruby tried to wake me up. The previous night she had woken me up 3 times and when I let her out she just stood on the deck. So when she woke me up Saturday night I told her to stop whining and I kicked her out of our room. BIG MISTAKE! I woke up yesterday to a horrific mess all over! So last night when Ruby woke me up I was quick to let her out. To her credit she did go to the bathroom but there was a lot of lightning at that point (and the power had just gone out) so she was VERY quick to come back in. When Rob woke up for work this morning I asked that he put her out. But apparently she was not into being outside when it was raining because I heard her whining outside our bedroom door. When P woke up 15 minutes later I tried to let both dogs out but neither were in favor of it. 45 minutes later I have gotten them outside, but as before, only briefly. I'll take wet stinky dogs in the house if it means it's raining cats and dogs outside. Love, love, lovin' the rain!! (And it's supposed to stick around til Thursday!)

No comments: