Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Nevada Day!


I think NV may be the only state that has it's own special holiday. Since it's a state holiday I get the day off from school. Just between you and me I wasn't overly thrilled to be off because P has been a pistol lately. I didn't know how the day would go but it was a lot of fun! A little friend of Preston's came to the house and they played until naptime. After P woke up we had a lot of errands to run but unfortunately, for more reasons than one, the stores we needed to go to were closed due to a stand-off. This was the only part of the day that wasn't overly pleasant. P had a couple tantrums, one loud enough that another customer felt the need to give me a piece of her mind about the scene. We cut our errands short and took advantage of the extra time and beautiful weather by going to the park. We found leaves to stomp through, which P loved. Then he went down one of the slides all by himself! Usually I stand close enough to grab him if need be but today he wanted to do it on his own. Once again I had to let go and let him try his wings, so to speak. We topped off the day by decorating pumpkins. He "decorated" (and I use that term loosely) his baby pumpkin with stickers. He liked putting the stickers on, then taking them off and tearing them in half. But the final result was cute and he enjoyed himself so that's all that matters. Once he was done I carved the pumpkin he had picked out at the pumpkin patch a couple weekends ago. All in all it was a Happy Nevada Day!

No comments: