Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Call Me Grace!

I jokingly tell my parents they misnamed me. I should've been named Grace because I lack that quality in my physical traits. I can't make it through a week without running into something, tripping, falling, cutting myself... Today is a prime example. I took P to daycare and decided to go for a much needed run before getting stuff done. I put Ruby on her leash and headed off. I was doing fine while I was in the deserted area. But, then I came into a housing development and wouldn't you know that there were a lot of cars passing because everyone was taking their child to the elementary school in the area. I was in my own little world when out of nowhere I tripped and fell flat on my face. (Not literally thank goodness!) My iPod, keys and Ruby's leash went flying out of my hands while cars stopped. Instead of running off, Ruby just looked at me like, "Did you really just trip over air?". I gathered my iPod, keys and her leash when I noticed there were cars stopped all around me. One lady had her window rolled down and was saying something but I was so embarrassed I didn't even take off my headphones to find out what she was saying. Blood was dripping down my hand and leg but I didn't care. I just jumped up, yelled, "I'm ok" and took off as fast as my sore legs would take me. I'm getting too old for these little mishaps because as the day has worn on I'm getting really sore. My roadrash cleaned up and doesn't look that bad now but, boy, my hip sure hurts! I wish the good Lord would've graced me with more physical grace because this clumsy lifestyle gets a little redundant.

No comments: