Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Big 3-5

Call me crazy but I was uber excited for this birthday! To me, 35 is the age where you come into real adulthood. Sure, I own a house, am married, have 2 degrees and 2 credentials and even have a toddler thrown in the mix but up until now I've always felt I was a kid playing an adult's role. So 35 was going to be the magic birthday where I became an official adult. I have yet to feel different but it sure was a fun birthday. I woke up to 2 cards by both of my boys, one even had a gift card in it! I spent the morning on a walk through cow pastures and then went shopping (yes, in that order but I don't think I stunk too bad). The afternoon was a relaxing one but full of lots of spoiling! I got flowers and lots of goodies sent to me. I never get flowers delivered up here (Ok, once when P was born) so I thanked the delivery lady profusely. Finally she said, 'I didn't buy them for you. I'm just delivering them." Oops! Rob got home early and then we went to Claim Jumper, one of my favorite places, for dinner. I stuffed myself to the gills and enjoyed every bite! Then we came home and watched the rest of the football game, which yes, I suggested we do. Throughout the day people made it special with cards, texts, phone calls, goodies, FB messages and emails. I couldn't ask for any more! On Thursday Rob offered to cook me dinner and on Saturday some of my girlfriends and I are going to a luxurious townhouse in the Tahoe area...sans kids. So the wonderful celebration just keeps on coming! What more could a 35 year old girl, er I mean lady, ask for?

No comments: