Sunday, October 17, 2010

Girls' Get Away



I am a firm believer that birthdays should be celebrated for an entire week so this birthday did not disappoint. Monday Rob gave me a card as did P then we went out for a nice dinner. Thursday Rob made me a delicious dinner of grilled salmon and a pistachio pie (from scratch). If you've ever made a pistachio pie then you should be impressed that Rob not only attempted it but perfected it! Yesterday my friends from Sacramento and Reno met in the Tahoe area for a Girl's Get Away. I had rented a beautiful townhouse close to the beach. The Fall colors were vibrant and the beauty surrounding us can't even be put into words.
Yesterday my friend and I started the trip getting spa treatments at a local resort. It wasn't a five star resort as advertised but how can one complain when you get a massage, overlooking Lake Tahoe? After the spa we all met up at the townhouse. When we got there we sat around and talked for hours. Then we got dressed up and headed out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. The girls showered me with gifts and cards (even though I asked them not to get me anything). The waitress even sang "Happy Birthday". After dinner we went back to the townhouse, got in comfy clothes and watched a chick flick after talking some more. Although most of us woke up fairly early this morning, we laid in bed and then lounged around until after 10am. I really missed the boys this morning but it was nice not waking up to a baby monitor, a puppy whining or an alarm going off. Once the girls and I got around to getting dressed we made a Starbucks run then went to the beach for awhile. It was chilly and overcast but the gorgeous scenery made us forget the weather. Eventually we made our way to our respective homes. When I got home Rob and I unloaded and set up the treadmill he bought me for my birthday. All in all, it was an absolutely perfect birthday from beginning to end! Now only 359 days until my next week long birthday celebration!!

No comments: