Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Crazy Stressful

I can say I'm glad this day is almost over. Last night P didn't sleep more than a few hours, which means I didn't sleep more than a few hours. So I started out exhausted this morning just wanting to veg. It's not often that I want to stay in my PJs and sit in front of the TV all day but today was one of those rare occasions. That was not going to happen though. After P's morning nap I realized the dogs were gone. I didn't think much about it but stopped by the local park on my way down the hill just to check if anyone had seen Ruby. No one had so I went down the hill. P rode his trike at the park then we went down a few slides. I took him to Walmart where he proceeded to scream most of the time because he was so tired. The grocery store was the same as Walmart only it seemed louder, probably because the grocery store is smaller. I raced to get him home so he could get a nap. Upon pulling into the driveway, Holly came running up but Ruby didn't. I called and called for her but she didn't come. So I drove around the neighborhood to no avail. P was beyond exhausted so I brought him home and put him to bed. When he woke up I put him and Holly in the car and took off to search for Ruby some more. I drove around the area for about an hour but there was still no sign of her. I came home, fed P dinner then went out again. Rob worked super late so he and I had a late dinner when he got home. By the time we were done eating,the sun had almost gone down but he wanted to search for her. He was gone for about 45 minutes and when he returned I heard a glorious sound.... dog feet. He had found Ruby about 7-8 miles from the house. She was a little beat up, probably from a fight, but other than that and being tired she is okay. Speaking of being tired, I feel like I've run 7-8 miles and am ready to hit the hay. G'Night!

No comments: