Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One of THOSE Days

I should've known when I woke up this morning to yet another puppy mess that it would be one of THOSE days. As I was cleaning up the mess, P took his sippy cup and shook milk all over the wall, carpet and Holly. It was pouring down rain so when the dogs went out to do their morning business they came back in and the house immediately smelled like wet dog stink. P was INTO everything and ON everything so I decided we needed to get out of the house despite the rainy weather. We met up with a couple of my friends and their sons (which are a couple months older than P) at a local mall. Both of my friends' boys ate their lunches and then played calmly. My son, however, threw goldfish crackers all over the ground and then took off running into one of the local stores, where he took shoes off a rack. Luckily, he has an adorable smile so the clerks just laughed it off. On the way home I decided to grab a bite to eat. When I walked into QDoba I ran into some friends so I stopped to chat. I let P down since it's a small place and he immediately took off through the restaurant to say hi to everyone. Once again his smile got him rave reviews. When we got home the kitchen door was wide open and both dogs came running out of the house. Luckily there were no surprises in the house except for muddy paw prints. Later I decided to go get the mail, which is about 3 miles away. I started down our road and noticed that Ruby was running behind the car. She did this yesterday but stopped at the neighbor's house. Today, however, because it's one of THOSE days, she followed me all the way to the park, which is about a mile away. I finally let her in the car because she had run so fast and a lot further than I thought she would. We got home and Ruby decided to play with the ball pit balls while P threw them for her. My patience were done at that point so I put him down for his afternoon nap (He's in there talking to himself as I type this) and Ruby has finally settled into an afternoon nap herself. Instead of cleaning I think I'm going to enjoy the quiet by doing a little leisurely reading!

It is now 7:45pm and the chaotic day- which got more chaotic- has finally come to an end! P decided that he was too good for a nap today so, after 45 mins, I got him out of his crib. Within minutes he tripped by his toybox and fell directly on the corner. He cut up his eye pretty good and will probably have yet another black eye, despite icing it. Rob got home and took him for awhile so I could get fresh air. I took Ruby for a walk so it wasn't a relaxing one but it was nice to get away for a few minutes. After dinner I gave P a bath. Upon getting out of the bath P pee'd all over the floor. Why do we bother to get it cleaned? Between a puppy, a toddler and the mud up here it never seems clean. I literally counted down the minutes until bedtime tonight. So glad I can now relax and watch my weekly show. :)

No comments: