Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whoa!

That's what I say every time lightning strikes and every time Rob makes fun of me. Needless to say, I've been made fun of a lot the past couple days. Last night was the worst storm I think I've experienced up here as far as thunder, lightning and LOTS of rain/hail. As I crawled into bed I foolishly thought I'd have a good night's sleep since Ruby was banned to the garage. It was raining as we fell asleep but the storm hit us full blast around 1am. How Preston and Rob slept through it I have no idea. But, the girls and I were wide awake. When the thunder got louder and louder so did Ruby's whines and barks! Even from the garage she was loud and kept me awake! I don't wear earplugs in case P needs me during the night but I seriously contemplated it last night. I finally settled for a pillow over my head and came to the conclusion that God doesn't want me to get a good night's sleep. I love the rain but the thunder and lightning were a little too much for me at 1am. We woke up to sunshine this morning so it's been nice to get the holy terror, er I mean little angel, outside for awhile. Another storm is supposed to roll in tonight but as long as we can get outside for fresh air during the day I'm going to enjoy all the rain we can get...sans the thunder and lightning!

No comments: