Monday, February 21, 2011

Count Your Blessings

I never take for granted that P is such an awesome kid. But, the past few days have made me realize that more than ever. Whether it's watching him be his own biggest cheerleader (He cheers every time he does something he's proud of!) or saying "Thank you" to the birds for eating the bird seed we put out, my cup runneth over. My heart has been heavy the past few days because of parents that aren't as blessed as we are. Our school secretary found out that her 3rd grade son has Leukemia. They'll start treatment in Oakland soon, not knowing how they're going to pay for it since her husband recently became unemployed. A high school/college friend found out that her 10 year old daughter has Lymphoma. They had been trying to figure out what's been wrong with her for a couple months to no avail. After her last surgical procedure/test results came back that this precious little girl has cancer. P has not gone without his medical problems since he was born but I praise God that he is so happy and healthy now. Even when he grossed me out beyond belief this morning (I won't repeat what he did but trust me when I say it was horrible) I thanked God for giving us such a wonderful, all out boy. In closing, I'd like to ask that you keep the above kiddos in your thoughts and prayers because these parents (and kids) have it hard at the moment, their lives full of a lot of uncertainty.

No comments: