Monday, February 21, 2011

Title-less


I find it ironic that God demanded us to rest and enjoy the Sabbath yet that is the one day that I find myself the most agitated. I know I'm not the only one as I remember my parents fighting all the way to church when we were younger. I've seen jokes about agitated families going to church. For some reason it's hard to follow the Bible when the command is so simple.
That being said, my day started out good and ended good but somewhere in between I got in a mood. P and I went to the early service so I could get back in time for the Daytona 500. He didn't yell out any embarrassing things but he was his usual antsy self as soon as Pastor walked up to the pulpit. We went to the foyer, where he had fun playing in the water fountain and running around. When I told him it was time to go he started crying and shaking his head "no", which made me happy. I'm glad he likes church and doesn't want to leave. (He now says "church" and "Jesus" which really makes this mama proud!)
After we got home and watched the race I had been in front of the TV far too long. I felt my mood coming on so I got snow gear on me and P and headed out into the beautiful sunshine. Our neighbors were out and let us borrow their sled so we could play in the snow. We were only out there about 45 minutes, if that, before P started crying because his hands were cold. We came back in and got his hands warmed up but I was still antsy. If you follow my blog you know that I hate being in the house when it's nice out and I hate having the TV on if there's nothing on to watch. So I decided that I needed to go to Home Depot. I am attempting to make P a growth chart that I saw on the Internet but I needed stuff for it. We ended up making the trip a family one. P loved riding in the car cart and cried when it was time to go. I've decided that on stormy days I'll just take him to Home Depot and push him around in the cart because he loved it! Once we got back home, P watched his Thomas video for a few minutes because he had been asking to watch it all day. After dinner, however, we turned off the TV and had some family fun. We wrestled, tickled each other, snuggled and played Connect 4. By the time I got into bed last night I was back to being in a good mood. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to accomplish but I ended up following God's Word when it was all said and done which made for a good day!

No comments: