Saturday, February 26, 2011

Which Way Are You Lookin'?

I try my best to be a "glass half full" person but, like everyone, I have my moments. Tonight happens to be one of those. I'm having a POINTLESS pity party. So, follow along as I play devil's advocate with myself......

Pity Party: I don't feel well.
Reality: At least it's just a cold.

Pity Party: P didn't nap today, which means I didn't nap today.
Reality: I went to bed last night while Rob was still at work and was still sleeping this morning while Rob got up and went to work (where he still is).

Pity Party: I was on FB and everyone was going out it seemed while I'm stuck at home.
Reality: I'm in a warm house with a sweet boy while Rob is working in single digit temps away from his son.

Pity Party: I made a new recipe that I was dying to try but I was the only one that ate it. (P was not a fan!)
Reality: At least I got to eat a hot meal. Rob had enough time to grab a bottle of water for his dinner.

Pity party: The fire's almost out and I'm too tired/cold/lazy to go downstairs and get more wood.
Reality: At least the house is warm and I can grab a blanket if need be while Rob and the crew can't get warm.

I could go on and on but the reality is that life isn't as hard as I'd like to make it be at times. I'm thankful that Rob has a job that allows me to work part time. I'm thankful for a sweet boy that hardly misses nap time. I'm thankful for a warm house and lots of firewood. I'm thankful for a lot of things that I need to take the time to notice more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are counting your blessings; there's lots to count! Mom