Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gorgeous Genoa




Yesterday we decided to have a family exploring time so we went to a new place about an hour from here! Genoa is my new favorite "I-want-to-live-there-in-my-dreams-and-if-it-didn't-get-dark-there-at-2pm" place. It's a quaint historical town. We drove through it and had to stop to let the deer cross the road. Then we went back to the community park and let P run around. He collected sticks and watched more deer while Rob and I had a knife throwing contest (I won by the way!). We went to a few of the historical buildings and shops. Then we drove back through the town. As we were leaving Rob called his friend, John, who lives down the road. He invited us over so we went to his house for awhile. P slept in the car but when he woke up he and John played with his tractor and some rocks. Once we got home I did a quick cleaning then our neighbors came over for dinner. It was such a great Saturday! I love visiting new places and exploring so the combination was perfect. I love family days spent in the beautiful outdoors!!

No comments: