Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mentally Exhausted

The reality kicked in yesterday....I had 3 exams to take today. If I failed I'd either a) Lose my paycheck until I passed or b) Get taken out of the classroom next week. Talk about anxiety! I'm usually on top of things like this so I don't have to wait until the last minute but this time was the exception. I had been studying but not diligently. See, I earned my Masters and Administrative Credential 2 1/2 years ago, where I had to take classes similar to what was in the study guide for this exam. I figured that, even though government and history have never been my strong point (neither is Math), I knew enough to do well. Yesterday I decided otherwise! I studied for about 3 1/2 hours yesterday then woke up when Rob left for work to study over an hour this morning before P woke up. His daycare graciously took him today so I could take the tests without Rob having to take off. I dropped P off at daycare then went to Starbucks to study for another couple hours. I had an appt and even studied during that time! A little before 2pm I parked (illegally since I couldn't find the pay meter) and marched up the stairs to the testing room. I took all 3 exams within 40 mins. I felt pretty good about the first two but questioned myself on a few questions during the US Constitution exam. There was a reason why....I failed it by 1 question! I was told I could retake it this afternoon (for an astronomical fee). So I studied in the adjoining office, paid my money and went in to retake it. I found out I didn't have another chance to take it before my NV teaching license expired. So it was all or nothing! Lucky for me, I passed with flying colors the 2nd time around. That being said, I get to keep teaching in NV without interruption. YAY! Now that those exams and my traffic school tests are over I won't know what to do with myself. No more cramming while P naps. WAHOO!!!! I can breathe a deep sigh of relief now.....and also start training for the 1/2 marathon I plan to run in June (while P naps).....aaahhhhhhhh!!!

No comments: