Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gotta Eat Your Carrots!

When I was younger my mom used to tell me to eat my carrots so I'd have perfect eyesight. Well, it must've worked because I'm the only one in my immediate family that doesn't need glasses or contacts. (Maybe that means they DIDN'T eat their carrots....ha!). Although Rob has good eyesight as well, I'd like to think that P inherited that trait from me. He sees planes well before I do when we're driving somewhere or just sitting at our dining room table. He'll find stuff on the carpet right after I vacuumed that I didn't notice. He'll point out things in the store that take me a minute to find. His most impressive moment was when I was at the AT&T store. He kept telling me there was a ball and I told him he was crazy because we were in a phone store. As we were walking out I caught a glimpse of a golf ball behind a computer screen. AMAZING! So, I don't know why I didn't believe him earlier today when we got home from Bible study. He told me there was a horse and I told him, once again, that he was crazy. He was adamant that there was a horse so I told him we'd go outside so I could show him he was wrong. I hate to admit it, but right there in between our neighbor's houses there was a lone horse just hanging out. It floors me every time he sees something that it takes me a minute to see, mainly because my optometrist told me there's nothing he can do to make my eyesight more perfect. Apparently, he can. He can make me have eyesight as good as our son!!

No comments: