Friday, February 11, 2011

Too Much

I pondered whether to write this, knowing I'd receive no sympathy from the readers, but Rob said he was tired of reading "Slumber Party" so here are my thoughts. Some weeks 2 days of work seems like a lot! I know, I know! No sympathy but I just had to get that out in the open. My wonderful husband, who usually works 7 days a week, shot daggers at me when I mentioned that to him over dinner.
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love everything about my job. But, it makes for a long day when your toddler is sick, you're not feeling 100% and you don't sleep well. That was the case yesterday. To top it off, I had an eye appt that I was late for because all the buildings look the same and I haven't been there in a year. (I don't have to go back for another year because my optometrist told me he can't make my vision any more perfect than it already is, thank you very much!). So I left the house at 7am with a toddler who was under the weather and didn't get home until 5:30pm. Then I had to make dinner with a fussy toddler hanging on my leg. Fortunately, Rob helped clean up and gave P a bath so I could wash the dishes. After I put P to bed I was beyond tired so I soaked in a hot tub. I was supposed to study for this 3 hr exam I have in a couple weeks but my brain was mush.
I was kind of praying that P would be under the weather enough this morning that I wouldn't have to go to work. But he woke up not coughing as much and definitely not as fussy. So I couldn't justify not going to work since I had only worked one day this entire week. But man, oh man, even though today was much better I was sure happy when that 3 o'clock bell rang, signaling the weekend. Bummer that some people aren't as fortunate to have the weekend off. Rob's alarm will be going off at 4:30am so he can begin day 6 of his work week. (At which point I will be grabbing his pillow to put over my head so I can get 2 more hours of shut eye.) Guess I won't be getting any sympathy from him for this blog, but I'm sure glad my 2 day work week is over. It was rough!

No comments: