Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Poor Guy!

Sunday I discovered a recurrence of a virus P has dealt with since he was a newborn. When I took him to his pediatrician Monday, I found out that he was also dealing with a double ear infection and another viral infection. So, instead of just one antibiotics, he's now on 2. Since I didn't know if he'd be good to go for daycare today, I called in sick. It's the first day all year I've had to do this and to be honest, with all the snow we're getting right now, I'm glad I did. Actually, I'm really glad I did it because there's no way P would've made it through the day at daycare today. The antibiotics are tearing up his stomach!! Not only did I get pooped on this morning, but I don't know how many poopy diapers I've changed already. Due to all the diarrhea, he has one of the worst cases on diaper rash. So, as soon as he goes to the bathroom he begins to cry since he knows what's going to happen. It absolutely breaks my heart that he's so miserable right now. He's such a happy lil guy that days like this make me realize what a great kid he is on a regular basis. Although he hasn't played much this morning, he was exhausted so I put him down for an early nap. I'm hoping and praying that when he wakes up he'll feel better and we won't have to contend with an upset tummy! It's not fun for any of us and I want my happy lil guy back!

No comments: