Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow Bound!

You (i.e. the computer) are my means to the outside world today. I was supposed to be driving home from work right now but the district called a Snow Day. Because of all the snow we're pretty much house bound. We could get out if we wanted to but, because I don't need anything and because of the road condition, it's best if we just stay in. That being said, today has seemed eternally long. As much as I love P, it's always nice to have a break. My only break was a short run on the treadmill and a quick bath while he was sequestered to his crib. It was supposed to be his nap time but he figured out how to get out of his crib. I don't know if he was hurt or just shaken up (I couldn't find an injury) but he wouldn't go to sleep. Even when I held him he wouldn't sleep. I tried to wear him out before his nap since he hasn't played much today. I put him on my treadmill and had him do 30 sec "sprints" like they do on Biggest Loser. He did 5 sets so I thought that might help. Nope!
Excuse me...I had to take a quick break from our conversation to put P on his 4th time out for the day. He thinks it's ok to ride Holly, our arthritic Lab, like a horse. He even goes as far as to yell "Yee-Haw" while on her back. I know he wants someone to play with and Holly is a great playmate but she can only take so much from a 19 mo old.
Unfortunately, I've broken my own "rule" and have had the TV on a lot today. Not that P pays much attention to it (except for Thomas the Train is on) but I needed a distraction. Tomorrow I plan to get outside, whether it's to play in the snow or run errands. P and I don't do well being cooped up inside all day so I'm glad it doesn't happen too often. Being snow bound is only fun for so long.....

No comments: